Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Take Twelve - March and June layouts

I can say it now - Take Twelve is my favorite scrapbooking project. My most favorite part? It looks like I am able to keep up!! Not always I am making layouts the same weeks as I take the pictures but I am making them. So far I made 8 layouts, I am missing July but my pictures are printed and cropped and they wait patiently for me in a neat pile. I think the secret of my success is that I made it simple, really simple.

  • double 12x12 layouts.
  • square pictures. The size varies from 3" to almost 4", depending how I print them.
  • American Crafts white cardstock for the base.
  • Lifestyle Crafts Diesel alphabet dies for the titles cut from American Crafts colored cardstock. 
  • 1.5" strip of patterned paper under the title.
  • printed journaling using Traveling Typewriter font.
  • three very small embellishments or embellishment clusters.
Every month I pick another color of the cardstock for the title and I change the placement of the pictures.

Here is my March layout. I wrote about the pictures back in March.


Supplies: cardstock (American Crafts), patterned paper (Basic Grey), canvas tag (Basic Grey), alphabet dies and diecut machine (Lifestyle Crafts), glimmer mist (Tattered Angels), buttons (American Crafts), heart punch (Fiskars)


I made the yoyo flowers from misted fabric.
 


June layout next. the journaling is from my blog post in June. (I just love that I can go back to my blog and just copy the journaling!). Another super simple layout.

Supplies: cardstock (American Crafts), patterned paper, stickers (American Crafts), alphabet dies and diecut machine (Lifestyle Crafts), adhesive sequins (Pebbles)
 


Things I need to improve: figure out a way to take better pictures of the double layouts!! I had to straighten the pictures in Picasa and that makes them blurry :( 

Today I finished the September layout, I will practice taking better pictures and post it soon together with the August layout.

Take twelve 2012:
March (this post)
June (this post)
July (wip)
August (coming soon)
September  (coming soon)

Switching gears now. It was a while since I bought a scrapbooking kit so I am super excited to play with my new Jenni Bowlin September kit. Isn't it lovely?
I took this photo with instagram. It is the first app I installed on my new smart phone. Yes, I joined the civilization and got me a smartphone. Now I am trying to find my way in the sea of filters, hashtags and what else. Do you instagram?

1 comment: