Friday, September 28, 2012

One sketch two cards

Two quick cards that I made based on the same sketch by Becky Fleck. Jolene from the Scrapbook Express DT used it for her weekly challenge last week. I am still using Jenni Bowlin September kit.
For this first card I followed the sketch pretty literally. I punched the balloons using Fiskars circle punch and added small handcut pieces to make them look more like balloons. The sentiment sticker is from very old Making Memories stickers sheet. It turned out cute but not cute enough. I decided to try again.


Supplies: patterned paper (Jillibean Soup), sticker (Making Memories), circle punch (Fiskars)

This time I went for completely different look. I used the My Mind's Eye papers from the kit and distressed the edges for more aged look. I was happy to break down my new "The Sweetest Thing" stamp set that is from the same MME collection as the paper. I stamped the flowers on watercolor paper using Faber Castell brush markers, cut them out and arranged in the corner slightly curling the petals. I added three enamel dots to the centers of the flowers and a pink ribbon from my stash above the sentiment.. Love how this turned out!

Supplies: patterned paper, sticker, stamps, enamel dots (My Mind's Eye), markers (Faber-Castell), ribbon (unknown)

I often get excited about a stamp set, buy it but never or rarely use it. I don't think this stamp set will be one of them. I love these flower doilies!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment