Thursday, September 6, 2012

Scrap It Girl September recipe challenge


What happens when you take some twine, an arrow, a circle (or maybe few), a bird and mix it with color red? 
Depends who is cooking of course! I cooked a Halloween dish to accompany the cutest photos of Eli sporting his first Halloween costume. This is my take on the new Scrap It Girl challenge. We have something different this month -  a recipe challenge. Yes, you already guessed it - you need to use twine, arrows, circles, bird and color red.

Supplies: patterned paper, diecuts (My Mind's Eye), sticker (Making Memories), tub-on (Recollections), thickers (American Crafts), raindots (Cloud 9), circle rubber sticker (KI Memories), white pen (Uniball Signo), tab punch (Fiskars), twine (unknown)

I challenged myself not to use orange other than the light orange lines in the patterned paper. The papers along with the arrow diecut and the journaling tag are from the last year MME collection. I added Making Memories circle bird sticker, an old spider web rub-on and few other doodads from my Halloween drawer.

I finished with white fax stitching along the edges of the photos.

You have the whole month to submit your take on this recipe challenge. The prize is fabulous so what are you waiting for?

2 comments: