Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Take Twelve - May layout

And here is the May layout. I didn't finish it before the May 18th deadline but it is done now. And it is still May! I kept is simple as my other Take 12 layouts. I used Lifestyle Crafts Diesel alphabet dies to cut the title, single strip of patterned paper and few embellishments. I really need to learn how to take better pictures of the double spreads. I really dislike how crocked it looks but you can get the idea.


Supplies: cardstock (American Crafts), patterned paper and flower embellishments (Amy Tangerine fr American Crafts), journaling stamp (Close To My Heart), chipboard ice skates (Little Yellow Bicycle), heart sticker (Cloud 9), silver pen (Sakura), Matte Accents (Ranger)


I knew I wanted a pair of ice skates for the journaling block. The only stamp I had was looking right and I wanted the skates to point left. I spent hours searching the web looking for digital stamps to buy, or real stamps or basically any scrapbooking products related to ice skating. After fruitless search I remembered that Winter Twig collection by Little Yellow Bicycle had some ice skates among  the embellishments. I found two ice skates in the chipboard package. They were blue and pointed right. I flipped them, painted the blades with silver pen and covered with Matte Accents, added dots for the hooks and one little red heart.
 
 

The rest of my Take 12 layouts: January , February, March (still in progress), April.

2 comments:

  1. The linear design really works well for keeping the photos of each number together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this now in flickr--I love to read about the need for the skates to point in the right direction. I totally get that!

    ReplyDelete