Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring fever

I noticed lately that I don't have any desire to scrapbook winter pictures. Give me sun, summer pictures, flowers and I feel happy. Maybe it's because we had some great weather last week. The snow is melting away. Today we cleaned the last pieces of snow and ice from our deck. You can feel the spring in the air. Of course I know that another snow storm is always a possibility but I prefer not to think about it.

So here is a sunny layout. The pictures are from last May. Eli is just sitting there, enjoying the sun and attention. I used sketch 188 from Scrapbook Challenges. It also works well with Janna's week 9 challenge - use only one sheet of patterned paper. To make a yellow mat I painted the paper with yellow paint and added few brushstrokes with white paint. Simple!



Supplies: patterned paper (G.C.D. studios), journaling sticker and chipboard (Heidi Grace), letter stickers (Cloud 9), paint (Ranger)

This layout was done for the We Love Our Members contest over at Treasured Scrapbooking. I had to follow some rules but honestly I don't care too much how I did. I just love this layout. I think I am going to frame it in a shadow box.


The picture is from our visit to Israel last February. The almond trees just started to blossom and it was so pretty. I took a strip from the Basic Grey laser-cut paper and used it as a template to create a gentle inked flower border. The white laser-cut border is a leftover from another project. The silk flowers branch is from Michaels.

Supplies: cardstock (core'dinations), patterned paper used as a template (Basic Grey), journaling tag (Anna Griffin), white laser-cut border (Pink Paislee? not sure), letter stickers (Paper Studio), souffle pen (Sakura), ribbon (unknown), flowers (Michaels), border punch (Fiskars)

Here is a sneak peak of another project. I spent hours last week making those flowers. It is addicting!

1 comment:

  1. So cool how you did the ribbon! Just beautiful layouts as I scroll through your blog!

    ReplyDelete