Saturday, December 29, 2012

Project Life 2013 - plan of action

After giving it some thought and than some more I decided to jump on the Project Life wagon. The last thing I want or need is another unfinished project collecting dust so I tried to be very careful in how I approach it. That's what I decided to do.

Core kit

Seafoam. Since the kit is not available yet I decided to buy the digital version and print at home. I will probably buy the paper kit when it will be released and maybe replace the cards I printed at home but at least I will have everything where I want it. I don't want to fall behind before I start.

Binder

I decided not to go with the Seafoam binder but instead use the same type of album I am using for my Library of Memories  - WRMK. Maybe in leather instead of linen. For now I have a spare WRMK linen album that I will use.

Page protectors.

I changed my mind at least three times while writing this post. I considered using divided page protectors by WRMK or Echo Park but eventually ordered Project Life Design A, Design C and Small Variety Pack I

Add-ons

I don't plan to buy anything right now but rather use my stash. I also plan to use my Silhouette Cameo so I will probably buy some digital cut files.

Organization

I want to make a place for my album and a small box of supplies by our dining table. I know that the first few weeks will take more time because that's when I will be making design decisions that I plan to carry on through the whole album. Hopefully after that it will not take more than 2 hours a week.

Inspiration


I think that's it for now. I still need to decide how to take care of the weekly dates, if I am going to handwrite them or use a stamp or stickers. Since it will be my first year I really want to keep it simple.
I hope that Project Life 2013 will help me to capture and share little silly moments like this


Are you doing Project Life? This newbie would love to hear your input!

5 comments:

  1. I think you are headed in the right direction. I started Project Life when it was called Project 365, and keeping it simple is the way to go. And that was a great idea to get the digital papers so you don't fall behind. It's really hard to catch up sometimes and too easy to give up once you do. Good luck! Can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another newbie here, still in the decision making phase, but I'm planning to buy the sea foam digital kit, too, to get me started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing my first PL this year. Not sure how to approach it but just taking it one week at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Пусть в течении всего 2013 г. улыбки не сходят с этих , таких милых мордашек.

    А тебе, Майюша, всё что запланировала да осуществится и принесёт удовлетрение.

    ReplyDelete