Monday, December 10, 2012

6:16am



Hi there, blog readers! I am popping in to share a layout I did for the lace challenge over at "Yotzot mehakavim" - an Israeli challenge site. I pulled out a picture of Lila looking in the mirror before leaving the hotel room for one of her synchronized ice skating competitions. The picture was taken at 6:16am and that is the title of the layout.

Supplies: patterned paper, butterflies (K&Company), chipboard (frames - Lil' Davis, flourishes - Maya Road), gold leafing pen (Krylon), flowers (Prima), glitter cardstock (Martha Stewart), jewels (Marcela), lace (wide - unknown, ribbon - Chatterbox), journaling cards (Jenni Bowlin), Silhouette Cameo

I found a package of small chipboard frames and painted them gold with Krylon gold leafing pen. I had it since I took a Year To Remember class with Heidi Swapp in 2007 and it still works. I arranged the frames on the page and backed them with pieces of patterned paper. They look a little like mirrors, don't you think? The papers and the butterflies are from an old kit by K & Company. I added two Prima flowers to the cluster on the left and handmade lace rosette. The lace is not the same as was used for the dress but the blue yo-yo flower and the red heart are made from the same fabric as the dress. I snatched some leftovers when I had a chance.


I journaled about Lila's long day at the competition and added another lace ribbon and a chipboard flourish. The 6:16am title is cut with Silhouette from Martha Stewart glittery cardstock.
I have hundreds of pictures from Lila's competitions but they are mainly staying on my hard drive. I wanted to make an album for each skating season but meanwhile it is good to get at least some pictures scrapbooked and some stories told.

Before I leave you I want to wish a happy Hanukkah to all my blog readers that celebrate this week. I hope your candles are bright, your dreidels are spinning fast and your sufganiyot are sweet!

10 comments:

  1. I had to go google sufganiyot. I *just* finished eating my way through The Top 10 Jewish Foods (http://www.cindyderosier.com/2012/12/the-top-10-jewish_10.html) but these weren't on the list. Such a shame - they look SO delicious! Happy Hanukkah! Your layout is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. כמו שאמרתי...וואו! דף נהדר ומיוחד. העעצוב הדרמטי כל כך מתאים לתמונה!

    ReplyDelete
  3. כמו שאמרתי...וואו! דף נהדר ומיוחד. העעצוב הדרמטי כל כך מתאים לתמונה!

    ReplyDelete
  4. כמו שאמרתי...וואו! דף נהדר ומיוחד. העעצוב הדרמטי כל כך מתאים לתמונה!

    ReplyDelete
  5. כמו שאמרתי...וואו! דף נהדר ומיוחד. העעצוב הדרמטי כל כך מתאים לתמונה!

    ReplyDelete
  6. מהמם! איזה יופי של קומפוזיציה!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maya, this is beautiful! I love all the little frames. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. И ей зеркальце в ответ:
    «Ты, конечно, спору нет;
    Ты, Лилаша, всех милее,
    Всех красивей и умнее».

    ReplyDelete
  9. מאיה את עובדת כל כך יפה...
    אני תמיד נהנית לשוטט בבלוג שלך ולדפדף בו.

    ReplyDelete