Saturday, December 1, 2012

Camp Scrap day 1 - misted card


Supplies: cardstock (American Crafts), template (Crafter's Workshop), gelatos, marker and pencil (Faber-Castell), mist (Tattered Angels), letter stickers (Sassafras Lass)

Few days ago I stumbled upon May's Camp Scrap post. I even didn't know she was planning the holiday edition! I am May's loyal reader but I probably missed it during one of my "too busy to read blogs" periods. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised and not surprisingly inspired by the post. I was particularly inspired by the Peace Joy Love card. I liked that she used a piece of paper as a mask and the hand drawn frame.


I started also by lightly adhering a piece of cardstock on the center of my card front. I used a template to draw feathers with Faber-Castell gelatos. I smudged them well with my fingers, lifted the template and misted everything with Meadow Green Glimmer Mist. After it dried I lifted the piece of cardstock and misted it all again with Silver Sugar Glimmer Mist. I added Sassafras Lass glittery letters and drew a frame with Faber-Castell marker.

I was very genreous with my misting. You can see the card front is wrapped. I consider it more an exercise in creativity than a card. I love the effect and I think it will be fun to try on a layout. 

I am looking forward to more Camp Scrap posts. Today's post is already up. I need to find something to wrap!
 

4 comments:

  1. That was my favorite of her cards too. Your interpretation is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card!!

    Have a Blessed day ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have that happen when I mist, too. Sometimes the piece can be flattened overnight in a book (between paper towels). I love the soft colors on this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maya - thanks for visiting my blog! In answer to your questions about my Focus tracker... with "email" my goal is to keep the inbox down to things that require action from me and to try (as much as possible) to act on an email the first time I open it. It's a process. So I'm tracking whether I've processed email for the day, in an effort to keep less than one screen worth of email in the inbox. With "internet" I'm tracking that I've visited and dealt with a handful of sites that are my daily rounds, SwagBucks (I do the daily poll to earn a buck, bucks add up and are traded in for Amazon gift cards) My Fitness Pal and FitBit (tracking my fitness efforts), Yahoo (checking weather and news), Facebook, etc. If I've completed one round of checking these sites, I feel that I'm up to date and don't need to check again during the day unless I have down time. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete