Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Are you up for some challenges? (Tuesday Trio sketches and Scrapbook Express monthly contest)

Hello my blog friends. It looks like when the life gets too busy than usual the first thing to go is my blog.  I guess I just need to accept that I am a sporadic blogger.  In the last week and a half we had WI Edge picture day, dentist appointments, Lila's birthday and her sleepover party with 6 friends. That doesn't mean I didn't scrap! Not as much as I wanted but I was able to finish few layouts and lots of cards. I am done with my Christmas cards! Very early for me! :)

This is the layout I made for today's Tuesday Trio sketch. I picked up Martha Stewart Halloween paper pad at Michael's on clearance. Love all the silvers and blacks. I think it will be useful not only for Halloween layouts. I used it to scrap the pictures of Ella's costume back from 2007. Dailly challenged us to re-purpose something and I used the top part of the black cat cupcake topper.
Supplies: patterned paper (Martha Stewart), letter stickers (large - Heidi Grace, small - Bazzill Basics), snowflake punches (Martha Stewart), scallop and circle punches (Fiskars), ribbon

You have to see the layout Orli made for this challenge. She re-purposed an empty paste tube! LOVE this!

I made the next card for the last week's Tuesday Trio sketch. We had to make an autumn card and what is better than WRMK Autumn Splendor collection. I used quite a few tools to make this card - Fiskars border punch for the border strip in the middle of the card, Fiskars scallop punch to punch out the flowers from the paper, Fiskars corner punch  to decorate the corners of the owl tag and Lifestyle Crafts foliage die to make the leaves.
Supplies: patterned paper, journaling pad (WRMK), border punch, scallop punch, corner punch (Fiskars), leaves die (Lifestyle Crafts)

Both challenges are still open! Show us what you can make. The winner of the weekly challenge is entered into the monthly prize drawing.

The last layout I want to share today is the one I made for The Little Things contest at Scrapbook Express. I think it was one of the most challenging contests I ever did - everything on the layout, except pictures, should be less than 1"! I played with several ideas and eventually decided to make layered circles that I cut in quarters. I used the same papers to make the colorful title and added few drops of mist. Not my usual layout but that's what I like in the challenges - they really make you step out of your comfort zone! There is still time to join the challenge! It is open till the end of November. Join the message board and show us what you can make. :)

Supplies: patterned paper (MME, WRMK, American Crafts, Bo Bunny, S.E.I., Making Memories), alpha dies and diecut machine (Lifestyle Crafts), punches (Fiskars, EK Success), smootch spritz (Hampton Art), colored pencils

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment