Monday, August 2, 2010

CHA-S 2010 Part 1 - Friday Fun with Fiskateers

I hardly made it on time for the Fiskars workshop. It was called Friday Fun with Fiskateers and was taught by 4 Lead Fiskateers - Cheryl, Angela, Rebecca and Tami. Each of them used Fiskars tool to create a piece of jewerly.

That's what waited for us at the tables when we came in. The candy was very welcome since I was starving.
We used retractable fingertip craft knife to work with the clay and create a clay pendant. We used pinking shears to create a felt flower, we drilled into the vintage soda bottlecap and made a little charm, we punched a strip of ... (I forgot what it was, some type of material that looked like interfacing) and created a flower with shiny button.

We left home with 4 tools pictured below. Notice that 3 of them I didn't open. I already have them. Can you smell a giveaway coming?
Here are the flowers and the pendant I made. It is still need to be baked, stringed, misted and maybe taken apart and redone :)
The projects were fun and it is always fun to get new tools but the best part was seeing my fiska-friends.


2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous that you got to go to something like that! Sounds like you had a great time. Is that a new border punch? Oh my! That is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing this with Fiskateers like me who couldn't make it. It looks like there were a LOT of our people representing us there. :) Very cool!

    ReplyDelete