Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Yellow and blue

Two new layouts from yesterday. The first one is based on Twisted Sketch 46. The twist for this sketch is "touch". I made my layout about the touch of yellow in my backyard. Three little tags on the left and the date tag are made with Fiskars squeeze corner punch.

Supplies: Cardstock (Paper Studio, Bazzill), patterned paper (Cosmo Cricket, Hambly Screen Prints), letter stickers (Doodlebug), flowers (American Crafts), pearls (KaiserCrafts), corner punch (Fiskars), ink (Colorbox), souffle pen (Sakura), flower sequin (unknown)





This layout was prompted by Israeli Scrapbooking forum. To celebrate the Israeli Independence day the challenge was to make a project using only white and blue colors. Right away I though about the pictures from the airport but when I checked my picture folders I found only this picture from 2004. Mental note to myself - take pictures next time we are going to visit.
First I used the blue die cut paper as a mask for the glimmer mist. If you look closely you will see the pattern on the white cardstock. I than cut the die cut paper and made a gate. The bunting is made from white cardstock that was brushed with glimmer mist.


Supplies: Cardstock (Recollections), diecut paper (Anna Griffin), lace borders (Doodlebug), journaling tag (Anna Griffin), letter stickers (big - The Paper Studio, small - Making Memories), punch (Martha Stewart), glimmer mist (Tattered Angles), blue pen (Sakura), ink (Colorbox)

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful work on both of these layouts! your twisted sketches layout is sooooo pretty!!! awesome job on the tags!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little Touch of Yellow layout. I especially like the blue and white Welcome Home page though - the glimmer mist effects and those stips of Doodlebug edgings really give it a special lift. I think you definitely met the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the second. It's all blue and white but still it's so rich! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maya- The firt LO is wonderful - and defenatly enjoyed the 2nd LO... (Next time you'll come for a visit you'll find a brand new Airport....)

    P.S come and visit my blog for a great candy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful LOs, Maya, as usual! Yellow and blue are two of my favorite colors to scrap with :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both layouts are very pretty! May have to life the yellow. I am sad the flowers are gone already, think the heat & frost. Oh well, glad I have pictures. :) Love the little flags on the Welcome Home l/o!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! There is something about yellow and blue at the moment that just looks so fresh and good.

    ReplyDelete