Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dimensional Details - week 2

The week 2 of the class is about creating custom backgrounds. The first layout I made was for 30 minutes challenge. I took me 55 minutes but that included agonizing over the title and looking for the alphas with four letters E.
The picture is mounted on a thick piece of chipboard for the dimension. The little frame was cut out of Hambly overlay and burned on the edges.
Supplies: Cardstock (Paper Studio), patterned paper (My Mind's Eye, Webster's Pages), stickers (American Crafts), journaling stickers (Making Memories), transparency (Hambly), crystals (Prima, Zva Creative), ink (Colorbox)

This layout has a lot of curling and inking. The white cardstock is 9x12 and the layout elements are slightly bigger. For now I am keeping it in 12x12 page protector but maybe I will cut the page protector and make it smaller. The corners of the kraft cardstock are rounded with Fiskars squeeze corner punch and the corners of the white picture mat are rounded with a smaller version of the same punch.
I used Heidi Swapp butterfly mask with gold glimmer mist on the background. It is almost invisible but that's ok. I used black glaze pen for the frame around the picture.


Supplies: Cardstock (Recollections, Paper Studio), patterned paper (Jenni Bowlin), stickers (Making Memories), souffle and glaze pens (Sakura), mask (Heidi Swapp), flimmer mist (Tattered Angels), distress ink (Ranger), corner punch (Fiskars)

Can you tell that I LOVE this class?? I have a bonus handout left from this week. Can't wait to dig in!

3 comments:

  1. Great job! Love them both, the Father/Daughter is adorable! I so need to catch up, get Shim's class done first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maya, you are so talented! I love your attention for details and mixture of colors. It is inspiring
    :)

    Karni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your baby feet lo. Great work and nice reading your blog.
    Mika (www.mikascrap.typepad.com)

    ReplyDelete