Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dimensional Details - week 4 and other not related notes

It was a busy busy week. The preparations for the annual ice skating show are in full swing. Lila and me are spending the whole weekends at the rink. She also took a lot of private lessons preparing for her test ice skating test last Sunday. She tested in 4 categories and passed 3 of the. Still need to work on her pre-juvenile moves in the field. It is tough!

I know you wanted to see it so here is Lila dancing Canasta Tango:

Canasta Tango test from Maya Oren-Dahan on Vimeo.




I completely skipped the week 3 of Dimensional Details and managed to do only one layuot for week 4. It was a bonus assignment based on the sketch by Trina McClune The left part of her layout had about 80 small pictures. My version has only 20 but it is still a record for me. As Trina, I sanded the edges of several pictures and raised them. I used again the old DCWV Once Upon a Time paper pad. The title is cut using Qiuckutz Revolution.





Supplies: cardstock (Wausau Paper), patterned paper (DCWV), chipboard (DCWV), die cut machine (Quickutz), journaling tag (Making Memories), border punches (Fiskars), glimmer mist (Tattered Angles), ink (Hero Arts)

Few other things that I wanted to share for a while:

1. This beautiful video about recreating ballet tutus:



LOVED it! Thanks Michelle for sharing!

2. I am following new blog called Koupon Karen If are are looking to save some money and don't mind printing and cutting coupons this blog is for you. Karen is having a giveaway of Spiral Photo Books. It is closing today but you still have time to enter.

3. Did you see Sara's stamp carving tutorial? Check it out!

4. And lastly a small request to my dear readers. I try to visit every person that leaves me a comment to say thank you and hi. I don't have a way to reach some of you that have private blogger profile and don't leave email. Especially if you are asking a question or asking me to visit your blog.

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh Maya - she is SO BEAUTIFUL on the ice. Amazing.

    Nice layout - I haven't even looked at last week's yet! Too many classes right now and WITL. I'm swamped.

    ReplyDelete