Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Stating point - things that I love about autumn


I know, I probably should be making layouts about spring now but when I work on Shimelle's Starting Points challenges I like to use my scraps. I flipped through my basket with papers from the last year and saw that I have one full sheet of WRMK Autumn Splendor paper left and a big pile of scraps. The decision was made.

That's how my starting point looked like, very similar to Shimelle's. I did not have journaling cards to use so instead I just layered few small paper scraps under embossed tag. I splattered few drops of Burnt Red glimmer mist across the layout. After that I went to look for a picture to use.  

Supplies: cardstock (Bazzill Basics), patterned paper, tag, chipboard tag and photo corners (WRMK), glimmer mist (Tattered Angels), scallop border (unknown) 

I found one in my 2009 storage album - Eli holding an apple. One of the apple baskets on the farm had a sign - 1 free apple per child. We took several pictures of Eli reaching for the apple and holding it tight. Most of the pictures are still in the storage album but I picked this one for my autumn layout.

I doodled faux stitches around the 6"x7" piece to make it stand out more.

I am so in love with this picture. I can't believe my little baby is 3.5 already.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. What a great layout! I love seeing your process for putting it all together. Such a cute photo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maya--I LOVE this layout. And such a cute picture too!

    ReplyDelete