Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Shimelles's online crop - part I


This weekend I put my srapbooking to-do list aside and instead I decided to play with the challenges from Shimelle's online crop. Shimelle's crops are always fun and this one did not disappoint. It took me few days to finish two layouts but I love them. I hope to find a little more time and play more this week.

Challenge 01 was to find inspiration in amazing page by Jaime Warren. I basically scraplifted the whole page. I think it is my busiest page ever. The white background paper is by Creative Memories and all other papers are Bella Blvd.

Supplies: patterned paper (Creative Memories, Bella Blvd.), letter stickers (Bella Blvd), chipboard stickers (Bella Blvd), green pearl flowers (Making Memories), cream pearl flower (Jenni Bowlin), layered embellishment (Me and My Big Ideas), buttons (Recollections), floss (WRMK), ink (Colorbox), circle, scallop, cloud, bird and butterfly punches (Fiskars), border punch (Fiskars), ric rac circle  die (Lifestyle Crafts)

 


Challenge 02 was to create a layout mixing three or more paper collection. This layout looks more like my own layout :)  Ofir took this beautiful picture of Milwaukee Art Museum in 2006. This part of the museum is an addition designed by Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava. It is one of the most beautiful buildings I ever saw. It is absolutely breathtaking.

Supplies: patterned paper (Little Yelow Bicycle, My Mind;s Eye), vellum  (Recollections), border punch (Fiskars), journaling tag, clear cuts (Little Yellow Bicycle), chipboard letters (Basic Gray), brad (My Mund's Eye), border stickers (Bo Bunny), film strip ribbon (Tim Holtz), pearls (Kaiser Crafts), raindots (Cloud 9), tags

I really didn't want to add much to this layout. I picked  wood grain background from the Twig collection by Little Yellow Bicycle. To make the vellum photo mat I layered 3 sheets of vellum with punched edge and stitched around all 4 edges. The top cluster is built from the Tim Holtz film strip ribbon, a piece of transparency from the Little Yellow Bicycle Saturdays collection and a paper strip from My Mind's Eye Lost and Found.

The bottom cluster had two border stickers from Mama-razzi by Bo Bunny, Little Yellow Bicycle transparency, another piece of film strip ribbon and My Mind's eye brad holding two tiny tags with the date. 

 


All challenges are open till the end of the coming weekend. Are you playing along?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. hola me encanta tu pagina y las fotos que has puesto, soy de Valencia y me ha gustado mucho ver que te gustaron los edificios de Calatrava. un besote

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get to play along with Shimelle--glad that you found some time to. We have a pic of the Calatrava like that too-except ours has "Flat Stanley" in front of it! Both LOs are beautiful

    ReplyDelete