Thursday, May 27, 2010

Plantable seed flowers

Another project that I did last week but didn't have time to share. This time for the Fiskateers message board. As some of you know (and if you are a fiskateer I certainly hope you do know) I am a co-chair of the Kids Craft Committee. Every month my partner Amy and myself are sharing simple craft project for kids. The theme for our May projects was flowers. I was thinking hard and long (so long that I missed my deadline) what cute project I can do with a flower punch but nothing original and doable came to my mind. One day I stumbled across this tutorial for plantable seeded paper flowers. It was exactly what I was looking for. Instead of rolling the flowers we can punch them out. Much easier for kiddos. So here it is.

1. Punch out flowers from the paper scraps
2. Make a mixture of flour and water and brush the mixture on to the flowers. Sprinkle flower seeds.
3. Let it dry. The flower petals with curl up
4. Punch a hole in the middle of the flowers and use pipe cleaners for stems. Twist the pipe cleaner to secure the flower.

You can see my post on Fiskateers message board here and still join the challenge.

Ah, melts my heart away.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the information on Plantable seed flowers. It was nice going through your blog. keep on posting.

    ReplyDelete