Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dimensional Details - week 8

Week 8 was a gala week for Dimensional Details class, lots of inspirational layouts and some time to catch up on the precious weeks. I was able to download and read the handouts only on Wednesday, the last day of week 8 but I was determined to finish the assignment since it sounded so much fun. Nic asked us to list our 5 favorite scrapbooking products and make a layout using them.

Here is my current list:
1. Patterned paper - small and quiet designs for the background and big, bold designs to cut out and use as embellishments
2. Border punches - love them!
3. Making Memories small letter stickers (I also have something similar by EK Success)
4. Dimensional adhesive (pop dots)
5. Raindots, pearls, rhinestone swirls.

Here is my layout. I really wanted to scrap the pictures from the weekend so my product choices were affected but the bright yellow t-shirt we were wearing.

After I made the layout I realized that I didn't use the border punch and didn't use the letter stickers but that's ok. I used Glimmer Mist that is also one of my favorites and curled edges work almost like a border punch.
I used Basic Grey chipboard and stickers as a mask and sprayed Slate Glimmer Mist. I used some of this chipboard to embellish the layout.
I sanded the edges of the photos and added some clear dimensional adhesive to the centers of the flowers.

Supplies: patterned paper (Martha Stewart, Basic Grey), stickers (Basic Grey), glimmer mist (Tattered Angels), pearls (Prima Marketing), gloo (KI Memories)


4 comments:

  1. Maya, I've just seen your recent posts, I don't know where to start...
    I love your ideas and the results are wonderful. I also didn't know that mixture of flour and water causes paper to curl up, totally awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the masking you did! Excited to do this one too - need to finish WK7!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful LO, Maya! Love the glimmer mist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh what a great 2 pager. Those aren't easy to make flow so well. Great job.

    ryn; Yes that scrap that baby layout I did for this week is digital. Thanks for asking and commenting. Means I did it pretty good if its difficult to tell. ;)

    Love the masking on your layout!

    ReplyDelete