Friday, November 6, 2009

Ad Inspired

This week the challenge at Write.Click.Scrapbook was to create an ad inspired layout. Emily Pitts posted an ad and the layout she did few years back.
Here is what I made (yep, more Halloween pictures)

Super simple. I punched two scallop borders and layered them. I than added the cat embellishment (Target dollar spot!) and Making Memories sparkling stickers.

Supplies: patterned paper (K&CO, Cloud 9, Target), embellishment (Target), border sticker (Cloud 9), letters (Making Memories), border punch (Fiskars)

But that's not all. As I always tell to my daughter - first you need to read the instructions! This time I didn't read the instructions and thought that the challenge was to create a layout inspired by any ad. I found this ad in our local magazine:
And created this layout:

I used my new Brackets and Journal USX template to cut the journaling tag and few strips of Basic Grey paper that came in the Jenni Bowlin kit for the frame. The story behind this layout is that after Eli learned how to crawl he didn't want to sit still during our monthly photo shots with the bunny. He always tried to crawl towards the camera or just outside my little photo scene.

Supplies: cream cardstock (unknown), patterned paper (Basic Grey), letter stickers (Sassafras Lass), pearls (Recollections), shape cutting tool and template (Fiskars)

One challenge + one misunderstanding = 2 layouts

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Cute LO's. I enjoyed reading your blog post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maya - I like the Halloween layout. Gives me inspiration to do some more layouts. Sometimes they don't have to be really busy to be awesome. Great layout! I too enjoy your blog posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, it's great that you got two layouts out of one challenge. i constantly see ads that inspire me. :D

    ReplyDelete