Saturday, August 25, 2012

Three wedding cards

It doesn't happen that often that I have a chance to make a wedding card. This month I had not one but two occasions. Ella's gymnastics teacher Ms. Melissa got married and my mom asked me to make a card for the wedding of her friend's daughter.

The first card is made using three layers of white cardstock punched with Fiskars corner border punch. The stamps are from an old Fiskars stamp set. I embossed the image with heat embossing, it can be seen better on the second picture.

Supplies: cardstock (Recollections), punch (Fiskars), stamps (Fiskars), ink, embossing powder



For my second card I wanted to do something similar to this design but decided to make hearts instead of flowers. I punched two hearts, folded them in half and adhered side by side. I like the simple and elegant look. I made two cards with slight variations.
 

Supplies: cardstock (American Crafts, Bazzill Basics), heart punch (Fiskars), border punch (Martha Stewart), stamp (Fiskars)
 

The last two cards traveled from Wisconsin to Israel to my mom's house. From there one of them will travel to Italy (it's a destination wedding!) and from Itanly it will come with the newlyweds back to their home somewhere in US, I think New York. I find it pretty cool!

2 comments:

  1. I love the lacy border and the bright pop of red on the second one!

    ReplyDelete

  2. those heart cards are really beautiful and simple. I love the story of where they will be traveling.

    ReplyDelete