Friday, August 31, 2012

Few things on Friday


Few things I wanted to share on this last day of August:
- Tomorrow is September 1st and although our schools don't start till September 4th, tomorrow is the first day of Shimelle's class "Learn Something New Everyday".  I signed up for this class last year (or maybe it was two years ago) but didn't do much except gathering the supplies. This year the focus is on simplicity and Shimelle promised that no preparation is required. I am hopeful that I will be able to follow along this year. I am looking forward to the first prompt tomorrow morning. Are you in?

- The next thing to look forward to is the "Big Idea Festival" from Big Picture Classes. It starts on September 4th and it is free. 14 days with 14 instructors sharing they ideas and tips. Free. Sounds like fun!

- If you are looking for an eye candy, check this post by Rita Barakat. She explains her creative process and what products she is using to create her amazing drawings. I am absolutely in love with them!

- Finally, I want to share this layout that I made based on the sketch from My Scraps & More I used a picture of Ella with her 4th grade teacher Mrs. Mattson. I used a lot of Bella Blvd from my stash.

Supplies: patterned paper, letter stickers, circle sticker (Bella Blvd), small circle journaling tag (Jenni Bowlin), ribbon (unknown), button (American Crafts), 3D embellishments (K&Company), star punches (Fiskars)

 The big star is handcut, all other stars are punched with Fiskars squeeze punches.





I love how it turned out and that Ella helped me with the journaling. 
Three more days till the new school year! I am doing something special tomorrow with the girls and I plan to spend the rest of the weekend catching on the paper works, organizing, cleaning and maybe even scrapping!

1 comment:

  1. I love this layout, Maya! And your handwriting...I can;t stand my own.

    ReplyDelete