Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Wind Leaves


Supplies: patterned paper, tags (Authentique), alphabet dies (Lifestyle Crafts), twine 

I realize that I became a one-photo-single-page scrapbooker but from time to time I still make double layouts. Here is one I made for Scrapbook Express. I went again with Authentique papers, this time mixing several collections. I kept it simple, adding just two tags, journaling strips, some fussy cutting and a lot of dimensional adhesive. The title is made using old Quickutz alpha dies.

The layout is about the beautiful kinetic sculptures in Downtown Milwaukee. The name of this artwork is Wind Leaves. I copied the journaling from the wikipidea entry about the sculpture. :)
 

For the base of the layout I used one of those double papers made by Authentique that come in 12"x24" size. Sadly I will have to cut in half it to fit into 2 page protectors. Or maybe I should do another layout on the front outside page and keep it in one page protector? What would you do? 

3 comments:

  1. I really love the double page layout. I have gotten away from making them, too. I need to revisit them. I like how you lined up all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I most often do one photo pages too - but this is a beautiful reminder that we need to make double pagers with lots of pictures too! The design flows so nicely across the page

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great double page! The sculpture looks interesting. Don't cut it up :(

    ReplyDelete