Friday, September 23, 2011

Scrapbook Express, here I come!

I have some exciting news to share, I am back on Scrapbook Express Design Team!
I am really happy. First of all, Scrapbook Express is an awesome online store with great products and fabulous service. Secondly, they have a great message board. If you are looking for an online place to hang out, with fun challenges, great scrapbooking inspiration and friendly people, you should check here. I would love to see my blog friends joining me!

I will share what I made for the DT call. I submitted a layout and card based on this sketch .The whole layout is made with Bo Bunnny Barefoot and Bliss papers and chipboard.
I mixed yellow metallic acrylic paint with sparkle texture effect medium and stamped the circles using 3 different drinking glasses. I think it gave nice effect of sparkling sand.

The chipboard letters were inked and then covered with glimmer mist.

Supplies: patterned paper, chipboard, jewels (Bo Bunny), chipboard letters (Basic Grey), letter stickers (Bella Blvd), paint, sparkle texture (Martha Stewart)

The card is based on the same sketch. I used flowers instead of pictures and butterflies instead of circles. The flowers are made from folded Heidi Swapp silk flowers (remember them?). The butterflies are covered with matte accents. The mat with punched border is raised with pop-dots. This card is bulky but I like how it turned out. Special card for special occasion.

Supplies: patterned paper (Pink Paisley, My Mind's Eye), flowers (Heidi Swapp), tag and leaf die-cuts (My Mind's Eye), floss (Bazzill Basics), border punch (Martha Stewart), butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), matte accents (Ranger), pearls (Kaiser Crafts), alphabet dies (Lifestyle Crafts)


I got an email today with more exciting news, but that will have to wait for another post.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Maya! Can't wait to here more good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. מזל טוב!!! הדף והכרטיס מהממים!
    מדהים, איך מאותה סקיצה יצאו דברים כל כך שונים!
    את מאוד יצירתית!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maya! Congrats on making the Scrapbook Express DT again! I wanted to let you know that you won a little something on my American Crafts Blog Hop last week. Please email me your addy @ cindysinfo (at) hotmail (dot) com and I will get it out to you ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you made those circles - they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that sparkly circle effect you got on your LO, it looks fab:)
    Thanks for stopping by today, I'm glad you like the gift ideas xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound busy! Congratulations and your pages are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete