Wednesday, October 10, 2012

10 things

Every month on the tenth my google reader fills up with 10 Things posts. I joined once or twice but such thing requires too much pre-planning from my side. Being a helpless precrastinator I usually give up and just enjoy reading what 10 things other have to share.

But this morning I realized that I do have something to share - 10 cards that I made in the last few days. So here they are:

Card One
I made this card last week for the sketch challenge at my LSS My Paper Playground. Not so local, it's about 40 minutes drive, but I visit them when I take Lila to her ice skating practice on Saturdays. I used the leftovers from the Jenni Bowling September kit. The flowers are made with Lifestyle Crafts dies and colored with Faber-Castell gelatos.


Supplies:  patterned paper (My Mind's Eye), letter stickers (Lily Bee), doily die (My Favorite Things), punch (Fiskars), gelatos (Faber-Castell), tag (Anna Griffin), enamel dots (My Mind's Eye), smooch spritz (Clearsnap) 

Only one of the gelato colors was metallic so I misted the flowers with clear smooch spritz to give them more shine.


Card Two
This and all next cards were made for the challenges from the Fiskateers message board. I was inspired by Fiskateer Shanon to make this card with three matted panels. I decided to leave it without a sentiment and just added a vintage button with some twine.

Supplies: patterned paper (Sassafras Lass), button (vintage), twine (unknown)

Card Three
Simple Halloween card. The embellishments are by K&Company. I like how the pumpkins sit in the grass. I think it was the quickest card I ever made.

Supplies: patterned paper (My Mind's Eye), embellishments (K&Company), border punch (Fiskars)



Card Four
I had this card base with green mat for few months. I planned to use it for another card but it didn't work out. The butterflies were sitting in my "don't know where to put it" bowl. I think Ella wanted to use them on her birthday invitations back in July but changed her mind. I adhered the butterflies to the card and added three groups of Doodlebug jewels and a sentiment sticker. Done!

Supplies: cardstock (Martha Stewart), border punch (Fiskars), butterfly die (Lifestyle Crafts), jewels (Doodlebug), sentiment sticker (Doodlebug)



Card Five
I had so much fun with this one!  The challenge was to make a shaped card and I decided to make a jar. I used the jar printable from here and printed it on a vellum. I than adhered it to the folded card base adding few drops of glue just under the lid and cut along the edge of the shape. I added few Hello Kitty stickers between the card base and the vellum and sealed the open edges of the jar. I used the Scrap Happy Glue for the vellum. It dries completely clear and you can not see it when it dry! It looks like Hello Kitty is sitting in a frosted jar :)

Supplies: stickers (Sanrio), letter stickers (Lily Bee), twine, vellum

I added Lily Bee letter stickers inside the card and a birthday cake sticker.


Card Six
Another fun card! I took a piece of vellum and covered it with torn pieces of washi tape.  I than used the flower dies to cut three flowers. I kept the rest super simple to make sure the flowers are getting the full attention they deserve.

Supplies: journaling card (Jenni Bowlin), corner punch (Fisakrs), dies (Lifestyle Crafts), washi tape (Love My Tapes, Bazzill Basics), stamp (American Crafts), jewels (K&Company)



Cards Seven, Eight, Nine and Ten
The last challenge I was able to complete asked to create a set of four thank you cards using the same supplies. I used few Sassafras Lass paper scraps that I had with the matching diecut flowers. All cards use American Crafts cardstock, rounded corners, Fiskars stamp and smooch ink for faux stitching. The design was inspired by this card from my Pinterest board.

Supplies: cardstock (American Crafts), patterned paper (Sassafras Lass), diecut flowers (Sassafras Lass), corner punch (Fiskars), stamp (Fiskars), smooch ink (Clearsnap), pearls (Want2Scrap)

 
 
 


Here you go - 10 cards! You can see what 10 things other bloggers shared and share your own on Shimelle's blog here.

3 comments:

  1. THat's a lot of cards Maya! LOVE the butterfly ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretties. i think the first card is my favorite, and those butterflies are a close second!

    ReplyDelete