Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Winter Twig

I have two winter layouts to share today. Both are made using Winter Twig from Little Yellow Bicycle. I really liked the original Twig and I love the winter collection.
The first layout us based on the Practical Scrappers sketch. I made it for the second round of the contest but didn't pass the first round :) 
Supplies: patterned paper, stickers, chipboard, journaling card (Little Yellow Bicycle), border punch (Fiskars), chalkboard mist (Tattered Angles), stickles (Ranger), lace



I stitched around the edges and also added two rows of fancy stitching along the punched borders.

I made the second layout for the Tuesday Trio sketch 102. The challenge for this sketch was "winter" so I thought the chipboard "Winter" title was very appropriate.
Supplies: patterned paper, chipboard, journaling card, stickers (Little Yellow Bicycle), letter stickers (Authentique), vintage button, twine

I punched a hole in the center of the chipboard snowflake and threaded the twine though this hole and through the vintage button from my flea market finds.

Both pictures are from January 2005, when the girls were still excited about the snow and we spent all our weekends outside, checking the winter festivals in the area.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I seriously got chills just looking at those layouts. The blues really convey the cold well!

    ReplyDelete