Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tuesday Trio cards and birthday tag


First of all I want to show you the tag make-n-take I designed for United States of Fiskateers crop last month. My goal was to use the postage stamp squeeze punch that I didn't use for the card and to use the leftovers from the card make-n-take. After trying different designs I came up with this tag. I added pink tulle to the mix (leftovers from Lila's Halloween skirt) 

 .

I do have written instructions for the tag but I think they are difficult to understand without step-by-step photo so I am not posting them here. Ask me if you want to know how I made it.
I have two Tuesday Trio cards to share with you today. This week challenge is to use a monochromatic color scheme. I chose shades of purple for my simple card. I consider white and silver as freebies so I added white doily and pearls and small silver letter stickers. 

 Supplies: cardstock (American Crafts), doily (Martha Stewart), flowers (Prima Marketing), pearls (Kaiser Craft), letter stickers (Making Memories), circle punch (Fiskars)

Last week DT used the digital stamps from Crafty Sentiments Designs - our monthly sponsor. This card is very different from the one above - lots of layers with punched borders and border stickers. My both cards were made using scraps from other projects, that always feels good.

Supplies: patterned paper (Cosmo Cricket, Crate Paper), border stickers (Crate Paper), tag sticker (Crate Paper), letter stickers (Cosmo Cricket), pearls (Zva Creative), digital stamp (Crafty Sentiments), die and diecut machine (Lifestyle Crafts), jewels (Michael's), colored pencils 

Stop by Tuesday Trio to see what other DT members did with the sketches and the challenges and play with us. Submissions for sketch 95 are open till December 10th, 4pm CST and for sketch 96 till December 17th, 4pm CST.
You can also participate in Tuesday Trio sketch design competition. Tuesday Trio is looking for your sketches.

P.S. My DT order from Scrapbook Express came yesterday including Winter Twig collection from Little Yellow Bicycle and new Love Me paper kit from My Mind's Eye. I think I spent 15 minutes just touching the paper and looking at all embellishments. It is so awesome! I can't wait to dive into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment