Sunday, August 10, 2014

Scrappy Hands challenge 19 - Red


Hello my dear blog readers! Too many things happened since my last post on June 11th. The school year ended, we spent 4 weeks in Israel, my children experienced their first and hopefully last rocket attack, we came back home to jam-packed schedule of camps and preparations to another school year. Not much time for crafting right now and I am looking forward to September when my baby will be in 1st grade. Meanwhile I have some cool news to share. I was invited to join the Scrappy Hands Design Team. Scrappy Hands is bilingual challenge blog from Israel. I am very excited to join this talented team and hope some of you will take a look at the blog and participate in the challenges.

The theme for the new challenge is "Red". Unfortunately, this color has unpleasant associations for Israelis. The code word "Red color" is used by the public broadcast system to warn about the upcoming rocket attack. I decided to step back from the recent events (actually way back) and made a layout with cute picture of Lila that I found in my random pictures box.


 In the picture Lila is holding a red bowl and getting ready for "Crazy Hair Day" at school.

Supplies: cardstock (Coredinations), patterned paper (Basic Grey), washi tape (Love My Tapes), letter stickers (Pebbles), watercolor pencils (Crayola), gelatos (Faber-Castell), paper clip (Freckled Fawn), tab punch (Fiskars)

The circles background mat is cut with Silhouette Cameo. I colored the the circles with watercolor pencils and the heart cutouts with Faber-Castell gelatos. I added green and red chevron washi tapes and some old letter stickers.


Something was still missing and I decided to hand stitch around the edges of three circles. Now it felt complete.

Check how other DT  members interpreted the challenged and share your take with us.

3 comments:

  1. דף מקסים!
    אהבתי!
    ושמחתי להפגש!!!
    זהבית

    ReplyDelete
  2. אני אוהבת עיצובים של דף עם תמונה אחת, כך מתאפשר המון מקום לאווירה וקישוטים הדף שלך רגוע מתוק ומשדר רכות, יופי של פרשנות ל'צבע אדום''.

    ReplyDelete
  3. דף מקסים! יש בו משהו מאוד מאוד קיצי, למרות השרוולים הארוכים. אני מניחה שאלה הצבעים - ממש ממש יפה!

    ReplyDelete