Saturday, December 8, 2007

Latkes and other stuff

Yesterday I finally finished my Christmas cards. Just need to buy stamps and mail them out. My Hanukkah cards were mailed some time ago already. Hopefully everybody will get them during the Hanukkah, not after.







The round Christmas cards are done using Cloud 9 paper, fiskars circle border punch and some cute reindeers from Michaels. I did the tree cards using the Jo-Ann kit that I picked up last year. I added Cloud 9 raindots and fiskars star punch. Oh, and I also played with the glimmer mist trying to spice up the background. The Hanukkah cards are just made from the strips of patterned paper by Heidi Grace.




Now latkes - we made some few days ago using the recipe in the book. they were good but not as good as my dad's latkes. So I had to call him and ask for the recipe. Here it is - the super-duper secret recipe:




1. Grate about 10 potatoes - very thin. I did it by hand.


2. If the potatoes give a lot of liquid add 3-4 tablespoons of flour. I added 3


3. Add salt. I added about one tablespoon.


4. Heat a lot of oil in the heavy skillet. wait till oil is hot.


5. Fry latkes from both sides till golden.


6. Add sour cream and enjoy.




What can I say - it was delicious! Just the way I remember them!



Don't you like this menorah with tall white candles? It's from Crate and Barrel. I need to stock on those candles - just love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment