Monday, February 23, 2015

Altered container for magnetic letters

Happy Monday, my friends!

I hope your Monday is better than my. I took 5 wrong turns on my way to yoga today and eventually gave up. My phone is not charging anymore and my "to do" list is just getting longer and longer. The kids went back to school today after vacation week. From all great plans I made for this week we did literally nothing.

I am also late sharing this project I did for Scrappy Hands new challenge. But in this case, better late than never, right? The theme is "box" and I altered a chocolate powder container I kept for years.



My son finally started to show interest in Hebrew. He refused to speak Hebrew (the language we speak at home) till few week ago and I didn't insist. Lately he started to use Hebrew words and even asked for magnetic letters. This container was holding a bunch of English letters, I dumped them out, since he definitely mastered his English reading, and made a fun box for his Hebrew letters.


 
That's how the original container looked like. I covered it with a piece of patterned paper. I had to look in my stash for thin paper because I didn't want it to crease.



I cut the phrase "Eli's letters" in Hebrew with my Silhouette Cameo from vinyl. I also scatters single letters all over the front.

Eli loved his new container, I hope it will encourage him to use the letters more.

Check what other DT members did for this challenge right here.

This time we have a prize for one lucky winner - set of adorable stickers in Hebrew by Yael Yaniv.


No comments:

Post a Comment