Saturday, March 9, 2013

Virtual hugs



Two layouts based on the sketches from My Scrap & More blog.

Supplies: cardstock (unknown), patterned paper, chipboard buttons, twine (My Mind's Eye), washi tape (Recollections), wood veneer bird (Recollections),  raindots (Cloud 9), distress ink (Tim Holtz)

I had to scrap this cool picture of my dear friend Nina. I so wish we would live closer and I could give her a hug more often than once in every few years. This layout is my virtual hug.

I cut out small doilies from the patterned paper and layered them with threaded chipboard buttons.

The piece of  chipboard with "Follow Your Heart" banner on top and scroll edge on the bottom was part of the packaging. I liked how it looks, layered under the picture and wrapped with twine.



The second layout is about another person I didn't see for very long time - my cousin Miri. She is holding her brand new baby girl that I never saw. So here is another virtual hug to my beautiful cousin and her sweet bundle of joy.

Supplies: patterned paper, stickers (Echo Park), stamp (Studio Calico), epoxy hearts (Heidi Grace), chipboard sticker (Bo Bunny)
Almost everything here is from the "Everyday Eclectic" collection by Echo Park.

Love the shape of these hearts by Heidi Grace. I used my new roller stamp by Studio Calico.

More fussy cutting and layering. 

If you like sketches (and who doesn't??) you should join the My Scraps & More sketch-a-thon! They have new sketch every day in March! Fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment