Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Scrap It Girl January challenge - Bling, Glitter, Sparkles or anything SHINY


Welcome 2013! New plans, new hopes, new beginnings, new challenges!

At Scrap It Girl we open the new year with sparkles! This month challenge is to use bling, glitter, sparkles or anything shiny. How fun is that?? 
When I started to think about the challenge I was in the midst's of working on several card sets. It happened that I was using the Glitter Cardstock Matstack by DCVW. It has a beautiful, shiny and sparkly texture but there is no glitter that dulls your blade and gets into everything. Perfect!

I started with butterfly cards using the negative diecut. I was inspired by this Pinterest find. I designed the squares with the butterfly and pierced border in Silhouette Studio and cut them all together. The butterfly square is mounted on top of the glittery square using dimensional adhesive. I finished some of the cards with stamped sentiment and some with a glittery button.

Supplies: cardstock (glitter - DCVW, white - American Crafts), Silhouette Cameo, stamp (See-D's), buttons (American Crafts)



After making several of this cards sets I was left with lots of butterflies and long glittery scraps.  I couldn't let them go to waste so here is design number two. One simple pennant with white butterfly.

Supplies:  cardstock (glitter - DCVW, white - American Crafts), Silhouette Cameo, stamp (Close To My Heart), jewels (Recollections, Marcella by K)

I stamped the sentiment under the pennant and added one jewel in coordinating color.

Here is another set - here I just added glittery punched border. I made this card set for a friend that just had a baby. The papers are from an old Heidi Grace collection. I used "Cut and Print" option on the Silhouette to cut the circles with the sentiment.
 

Supplies: cardstock (glitter - DCVW, white - Recollections), patterned paper (Heidi Grace), border punch (Fiskars), hearts (Heidi Grace), Silhouette Cameo

The last set features the iris folding technique. I didn't actually fold the strips. The glittery strips of cardstock are too thick to fold but they have a nice crisp edge and look beautiful without folding. I cut the openings with a craft knife, before I had the Silhouette so you can see they are not perfect. I added just few embellishments. I really like this technique and enjoy doing it. Definitely not your "quick and simple" cards but so worth it in my opinion.

Supplies: cardstock (DCVW), wooden accents (Kaiser Crafts), flowers (Heidi Grace), pearls (Kaiser Crafts), raindots (Cloud 9), jewels (Queen and Co), tickets (unknown)


That's it from me. Stop by the Scrap It Girl website to check what other DT members made for this challenge. Of course we would love you to play along. You have till the end of the month to submit your sparkly creation.

Edited to add: I added the picture of the monthly prize to my left side bar. Lots and lots of sparkly goodness: Color Shine, Fine Glitter, Bling slidders, Gelatos, Glitter letters, Bling Flourishes, Sparkler pins. Yum!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Ой, как много и все красмвые, особенно мне понравмлись те, что напечатны в Scrap It Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. אהבתי את הפרפרים. מגניב וחסכוני. שנה טובה לך אחותי.

    ReplyDelete
  3. סטים נהדרים! במיוחד השניים הראשונים עם הפרפרים

    ReplyDelete
  4. סטים נהדרים! במיוחד השניים הראשונים עם הפרפרים

    ReplyDelete
  5. סטים נהדרים! במיוחד השניים הראשונים עם הפרפרים

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous cards. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete