Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday list

Wow! To be honest I am overwhelmed by all the comments on my previous post! I am always trying to visit the blogs of all my commenters so I spent the good part of yesterday visiting blogs and leaving comments. But it is all good! 

I promised you a picture of the Chicken and Noodle Hamin and here how it looks after spending the whole night in the oven. It was yummy. I think. My littlest picky eater ate some chicken and noodles, my middle picky eater ate a plate after some serious convincing, my oldest picky eater said she would rather starve to death....
So remember, you still have time till Sunday, 8pm Central time to comment on this post if you want to be in the prize drawing. I think I already know what will be in the mystery box - definitely a punch, definitely some stamps and definitely some glittery goodness.

Today I received the last prompt from Shimelle's class "Blogging for Scrapbookers" I didn't follow all prompts as I hoped to but it's ok. I am excited to start the next class "Beyond Blogging for Scrapbookers" that starts on April 18th and learn more about blogging and about myself. Here are few scrapbooking happenings that will keep me busy in the next week or so. Hope you will also find something fun from the list.


April 9: Jenni Bowlin is hosting another online crop. I wish I could participate tomorrow, but instead I will be driving to Chicago for the last ice skating competition of the season.
April 12: Scrapbook Express Weekly Diva challenge
April 13: Scrapbook Express blog challenge.I am certainly doing that one - I love pop dots!
April 14: Little Yellow Bicycle sketch challenge. I have some "Twig" left. Hopefully I will find the right pictures.
April 14: Messy Messy Messy challenge at Scrap That Baby. While you are there don't miss Melanie's awesome paper tearing tutorial. Nikki Silvis generously donated the ENTIRE "My Friend Birdie" line to Aprul's winner!

April 15: Last day to apply for Tuesday Trio DT. All info here.
April 16: Tuesday Trio sketch 61 This week the challenge is to add moving elements to the project. I will show you what I did but you should not miss an awesome tutorial by Orli. This girl is so talented!

 Here is the layout I made for Tuesday Trio Sketch 61. Oh, I remember that dress! She looked totally adorable wearing it! The pictures are taken in the field of blooming anemones not very far away from our home in Israel. I printed the title and hand cut the letters. It says "Anemones" in Hebrew.


The doves are mounted on a stripe of transparency. The other end of the stripe is attached with a brad and hidden under the smaller picture. That allows my doves to "fly" above the picture of me, holding little Lila.

Supplies: patterned paper (Creative Imaginations, Jenni Bowlin, Crate Paper), stickers (Autumn Leaves, Me and My Big Ideas), dove punch (Martha Stewart), font Choco from Internet

I had fun working on this messy layout for Scrap That Baby Messy challenge! The white paint reminds of the cottage cheese in the pictures :)
Supplies: patterned paper (Sassafras Lass), stickers (Sassafras Lass), felt flowers (Lil' Davis), raindots (Cloud 9), paint

That was a long post! Let's see if I can squeeze some more blog hopping tonight. Packing can wait!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you said something about Shimelle's Beyond Blogging class -- I forgot to sign up for it!
    Lovely cards. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the messy baby layout. see you in bbfs

    ReplyDelete