Friday, January 21, 2011

Tuesday Trio: new cards and blog candy



It was a while since I posted my Tuesday Trio DT work. The first card was based on sketch 48 and the challenge was to make a circle card with vintage feel. Vintage is not really my thing but I did my best. I used several die-cuts by K&Co that I got from Michael's few weeks ago. Looks vintage to me :)
Supplies: patterned paper (Kaiser Craft), die-cuts (K&Company), lace (unknown), jewel (Heidi Swapp), ink (Ranger)

The next card is based on sketch 49. Here the challenge was to use sewing.

Supplies: felt (Creative Imaginations), die-cuts (circle - Daisy D, sentiment - K&Company), chipboard heart (Heidi Grace), ribbon (unknown)

The next card is based on sketch 50 and again the challenge was "vintage". I really like how this card turned out! Maybe because I was using my new doily die. The flowers are from the same packet of vintage die-cuts from Michael's.

Supplies: patterned paper (Kaiser Craft), die-cuts (K&Company), pearls (Zva Creative), ink (Ranger), dies (Doily - My Favorite Things, label - Quickutz), stamp (American Crafts)

You can still play along! This challenge will be open till January 29th, 4pm CST. Link up your creations here

The last card for Tuesday Trio is based on sketch 51 that was posted today. The challenge today is to add a hidden sentiment to the card. I used my new Quickutz (I actually should say Lifestyle Crafts) hearts border die, the same I used on my white Winter 1972 layout. The border has 5 hearts, I cut 2 hearts, folded them and secured with a ribbon and brad. Like a mini card. The heart opens to reveal a sentiment.

Supplies: cardstock (unknown), die (Lifestyle Crafts), border punch (Fiskars), chipboard heart (Heidi Grace), letter stickers (Making Memories), butterflies (Jenni Bowlin), ribbon (unknown), brad (unknown)

If you want to play along, you can link up your creations (it doesn't have to be cards) here. It will be open till February 5th, 4pm CST.

Now to the exciting news - Tuesday Trio is hosting a giveaway to celebrate one year anniversary of the blog! You can read all about it here. Scroll down to the end of the post and don't let the strange symbols scare you away. The blog is bilingual and each Hebrew paragraph is followed by English.

This is all for today!

P.S. I talked with my mom about the Winter layout and she told me that it is probably winter of 1973-1974. Now it makes sense. I probably look more like 2 years old than 1 year old. So I replaced the number sticker and now it is called Winter 1973

1 comment: