Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Crochet goodness


2 weeks ago I received a gift from a friend - a package with beautiful handmade flowers. I loved them so much that I decided it will be a shame to stuck them in the drawer. I needed to use them right away. I found some photos that will work with the colors and made 2 layouts.

I used only one brand of patterned paper with this one - Amy Butler. I wanted to add some sea themed beads but found only 2. The little shells and the sea star metal bead are from the Making Memories Vintage Findings collection.
Supplies: patterned paper (Amy Butler for K&Co), chipboard (Heidi Grace), border punch (Fiskars), embellishments (Making Memories), handmade crochet flowers

Hooray! I finally figured out how to use the 12" platform with my Revolution. I die cut the green vine border and the title. My Revolutions never worked so hard :)



Supplies: cardstock (Wausau Paper), patterned paper (Making Memories, SEI), dies (Quickutz), border and corner punches (Martha Stewart), white pearls (Making Memories), handmade flowers

The last crochet flower was snitched by my daughter for her layout.
Thank you so much Louise! Your flowers are gorgeous!

6 comments:

  1. Very nice layouts Maya.I love the dishwasher one.great pictures of your son ,"shovav katan" and the whole layout is super .Love the flowers and the punched edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crochet flowers are amazing!
    Great layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks beautiful i love the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous flowers :D

    my daughter loves to climb in the dishwasher too LOL :D

    happy new year :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those crocheted flowers are adorable! I'd love to learn how to make those. Great use for them, too. I am from the LOM yahoo group.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for the flowers. I love the shell center and the pearl centers even more. I may have to copy these ideas sometime.

    Glad you were able to put them to use!

    Louise

    ReplyDelete