Friday, June 1, 2012

June challenge at Scrap It Girl


New month, new challenge at Scrap It Girl! And guess what? This month I am hosting the challenge! Is is really easy - show us how you use punches. Shape punches, border punches, corner punches, you name it! As long as it can punch it can be used for the challenge. For my layout I used my favorite Fiskars Border and Corner punch Lace and Lattice to frame the large photo mat. 

Supplies: patterned paper (My Mind's Eye, Little Yellow Bicycle), chipboard spinner, tag, ClearCut shapes (Little Yellow Bicycle), arrow punch, border and corner punch (Fiskars)

To make the zig zag border I punched individual arrows using Fiskars One Way squeeze punch. I glued the arrows under the brown patterned paper, making sure that only the top of the arrow is visible. That's how the back side of the brown photo mat looked like:
 
I tried to use as little paper as possible, that's why my arrows look so strange. It doesn't matter, nobody will see that side.


 The fun confetti are actually the punch-outs from the Fiskars Bubbles border punch. 
 
Stop by the Scrap It Girl website to see what other DT members made with their punches. You can submit up to 2 projects for this challenge and you have the whole month. So no excuses!
If you need a little extra motivation here is what you can win: DCWV All Chalked Up cardstock matstack, Fiskars Limited Edition Under The Tress squeeze punch, MME Stella Rose stamp set, small pillowbox full of random treasures.
Now go scrap!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun layout Maya!! I love how you used those punches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maya. Came over from Fiskateers. I don't do LO, but if I did I would want to do them half as good as yours! This one is amazing and I can't believe you thought of that idea for the boarder!!! So imaginative! Have a wonderful summer enjoying your kids at home. See you over on Fiskateers!
    Kelly #6558

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab layout Maya - love how you made your zig zag border and your use of the little bubbles too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors here, but I am uber impressed by that border!

    ReplyDelete