Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Inspired by Camp Scrap - confetti burst


First of all I want to thank all of you that left comments on my Scrapbook Steals Blog Hop post. I had 92 comments, I think that was a record for my blog. I usually try to visit all commenters and leave them a note but it will take hours so please do know that I really appreciate each one of them! I also want to thank my blog readers that  glanced but didn't leave a comment. I had 142 page views so I know you are there :) 
It looks like my iris folding card was a hit so I am thinking about doing something similar in the future with more detailed tutorial.

It is time to move on! It's the first full week of summer vacation. Ella has an art camp this week and even Eli and me took a Nature Tot class today. That went really well, we looked at different colors of the prairie and caught some bugs. All the summer activities don't leave much time for scrapping but I do try to squeeze in few minutes here and there. To keep me motivated I signed up for Camp Scrap - free class by May Flaum right on her blog. There is also a free community at Big Picture Classes for chatting and sharing projects. On Monday May shared how she does confetti bursts on her layouts. I did something similar just recently here using only paper confetti but I thought it will be fun to add some bling.

Here is what I did. Three confetti clusters with stars and some old ancient Doodlebug sequins.

Supplies: cardstock (American Crafts), patterned paper, stickers (Basic Grey), stars (unknown), sequins (Doodlebug), pencil (Faber-Castell)

I used tiny dots of Scrap Happy Glue by The Rubber Cafe to adhere all bits and pieces and overlapped some of the sequins.
 

 I am looking forward to more "camping" adventures this summer! Moms should have fun, too!

3 comments:

  1. I love your confetti clusters!! It really adds a fun touch to your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the way your confetti overlaps itself in the bursts.

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete