Thursday, February 11, 2010

Grandma Riva

12 days ago I received very sad news. My grandma passed away. As difficult as it was to hear it, more difficult was to know that I am thousands miles away and can't be there for my dad and my aunt. Hugging over the phone doesn't work very well.

This post is in memory of my grandma. She left behind son and daughter, 4 grandchildren, 5 grand-grandchildren.


The first and the last pictures here are 11 years apart. On the first picture my grandma is looking at her first grand-granddaughter. That's my Lila. Three years later she is holding her second grand-granddaughter - my Ella. The third picture is from our last visit last February. She is with the girls and their new baby brother. Supplies: cardstock (Paper Studio), patterned paper (Heidi Grace), journaling tag (Heidi Grace), chipboard heart (Heidi Grace), acrylic heart (Heidi Swapp), letter stickers (American Crafts, Making Memories)


Here are 4 generations of women together. My daughter, myself, grandma, my cousin Miri and my aunt. I wish we would take a picture of everybody together but I never thought it will be the last time we see her.

Supplies: cardstock (Bazzill), patterned paper (October Afternoon, Jenni Bowlin), tag (October Afternoon), metallic heart (Colorbok), dies (Quickutz), glaze pens (Sakura)

This layout is based on Twisted Sketch #36 and is my contribution to the DT work this week. You can see the sketch and the rest of the DT work here.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely LO's and a great way to celebrate your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Your layouts really reflect your love for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss. You did beautiful pages to celebrate your grandma, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. {hugs to you}
    I'm so sorry to read about your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete