Welcome to the June ScrapbookSteals Blog Hop!
If it is your first time here, welcome! I am glad you stopped by!
I am super excited to be part of this blog hop and even more excited to work with this super cool American Crafts Glitter Tape. American Crafts brought us many great products that became a staple in the stash of any scrapbooker (thickers anyone?). I think this glitter tape will be one of those products.
When I first saw this tape I immediately thought that I have to try iris folding. Using the tape I don't actually need to fold the strips, I just layer strips of glitter tape following the pattern. The fact that the tape is adhesive on the back really makes the life easier!. I explained how I do iris folding in some older posts so I will not go into details here. There are plenty of good tutorials online.
Supplies: glitter tape (American Crafts), stamps (Teresa Collins), glitter cardstock (Recollections)
To start my card I stamped 4 triangles and a sentiment on a piece of cardstock slightly smaller than my card base.
The iris is done on the back side. That's how my card looked like when I worked on the last triangle.
After all triangles were completed I mounted the card front to the piece of slightly bigger glitter cardstock and to the card base.
Simple and festive!
I planned to make a layout but was too busy with all the craziness of the last
day week of school. Instead I made few gift card holders where the glitter tape came very handy. It basically holds everything together.
- Start with 3"x12" piece of cardstock (use one 12"x12" sheet of cardstock to make 4 gift card holders).
- Score the cardstock 3" from the right edge and 4.5" from the left edge.
- Wrap the glitter tape around the folded edge creating a pocket.
- Wrap one or two more tapes around the folded part.
Decorate the pocket as desired. I used diecut label that covered the ends of the tape and letter stickers.
Decorate the front of the gift card holders. I chose the papers and embellishments form the Little Yellow Bicycle Saturdays collection.
I hope you liked the projects, I know I had tons of fun working with this tape! Don't' forget to visit the rest of the blog hop stations! Be sure to leave a comment at each stop along the way, since one lucky person leaving a comment on one of the 8 blogs (this includes this ScrapbookSteals blog posting) by Sunday, June 10th at 11:59 PM MST, will receive a $20 gift certificate to use in the ScrapbookSteals store!
With that I will send you on to the next stop: Ashley Newell at Heart Hugs Designs.
If you get lost here is the full list of the blog hop.
- ScrapbookSteals http://scrapbooksteals.stealnetwork.com/wp/
- Becky Williams http://onescrappinmama.blogspot.com/
- Kimberli Bean http://www.kimberliscreations.blogspot.com/
- Maya Oren-Dahan http://mayadahan.blogspot.com/
- Ashley Newell http://hearthugsdesigns.blogspot.com/
- Miriam Prantner http://mprantner.blogspot.com/
- Cathryn Hanson http://www.catscrapcreations.blogspot.ca/
- Regina Mangum http://thestampinbean.blogspot.com/
I am linking this post with WIP Monday on ScrapScene