1. Print out animal shapes and find few scraps of pattern paper
2. Tear the paper into the small pieces
3. Use glue stick to cover the animal shape, don't worry about going outside the shape
4. Here is how the covered shape will look like
5. Flip the paper and cut out the shape. I did it just by holding the sheet of paper in my hand. You can use a light box to trace the shape on the back side or even trace the shape before you cover it.
6. Play with different shapes and textures.
Because the shapes are solid it was easy to cut them out by just flipping the paper and holding it in hand. You can cut the shape before building the collage or you can trace the shape on the back of the paper.
We made 9 cats (my daughter made 3 and I made the rest). I bought a very inexpensive frame at Michaels, cut out the letters with my Revolution and made this poster. I will hang it in Eli's room (when he will have a room LOL)