Thursday, April 30, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Looking at the pictures I realized that I didn't scrap the last Passover. We celebrated with another friends here in WI. I made a simple page with a minimal journaling and let the pictures tell the story. I used Jenni Bowlin March 2008 kit. I like how the blue, cream and gold colors match the warm colors of the pictures and the plates. I really wanted to use the big orange flowers that came with the kit but I felt they were just too much. After trying different things I cut the flower in half and each half I rolled around itself and wrapped with a strip of patterned paper. Now it looked like a gentle spring flower and was just perfect for the layout.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
1. Print out animal shapes and find few scraps of pattern paper
2. Tear the paper into the small pieces
3. Use glue stick to cover the animal shape, don't worry about going outside the shape
4. Here is how the covered shape will look like
5. Flip the paper and cut out the shape. I did it just by holding the sheet of paper in my hand. You can use a light box to trace the shape on the back side or even trace the shape before you cover it.
6. Play with different shapes and textures.
Because the shapes are solid it was easy to cut them out by just flipping the paper and holding it in hand. You can cut the shape before building the collage or you can trace the shape on the back of the paper.
We made 9 cats (my daughter made 3 and I made the rest). I bought a very inexpensive frame at Michaels, cut out the letters with my Revolution and made this poster. I will hang it in Eli's room (when he will have a room LOL)